Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you mind doing a little experiment?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you mind doing a little experiment?

This is for the Natty laptop users. I'm trying to see whether this is specific to my laptop (Emachines e442), or something in general. Go to the power options, under the performance profile, choose to put the laptop to sleep when pressing the power button. I did this, and the result is kinda funny. The first time I click the button, the computer shuts down. On the other hand, if I put it to sleep with the Fn key (Fn + F4 on my machine), it goes to sleep. When it wakes up, I can put it back to sleep by pressing the power button.

Now, it's no hassle for me, because I can put it to sleep with the function key combo, but for the users who don't have that option, this could be annoying, if it persists. If we can reproduce this, I'll file a bug report.

Re: Would you mind doing a little experiment?

Have just clicked the button and everything stopped. Clicked it again and was prompted for password - session was locked. Is that sleep?
    Also, lost my internet connection - had to reboot and log back in here to reply.

Comment

Yep, that's sleep. Seems you have a variety of the lockout networking bug. We should probably chain spam Launchpad

Comment

Some network cards don't respond well to a request to resume from suspend. It may be a power management issue - or a hardware issue.
        we see things not as they are, but as we are.
        -- anais nin

Comment

Working...
        X