X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KPackageKit - can't edit origins

Natty on 32 bit.

I don't know how long this has been going on, but I tried to edit my sources through KPackageKit yesterday, and am unable to. When I try to do it, I get a policykit autentification dialog, enter my password, and nothing happens. I haven't lost my sudo privileges, since I'm quite able to use apt, but this is a dead end. It might be because of something I did, although I'm not sure. The only thing that pops to mind is Chrome adding its PPA when I installed the .deb through GDebi. Running Kpackage through Konsole brings up this message:

Application asked to unregister timer 0x77000008 which is not registered in this thread. Fix application.
    QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No such file or directory
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/mreto/.config/ibus/bus
    Anyone else having the problem? Is it a bug that should be reported, shjould i supply any further info, or something else?

Re: KPackageKit - can't edit origins

And, no, running KPK with kdesudo doesn't change anything, except for the fact that policykit jumps out at the beginning.

Comment

Confirmed -- it looks like a bona-fide bug to me. The authentication just loops and never proceeds to allow editing of the "origins" (I wonder why they started calling the repos "origins"?). I don't think adding your chrome PPA made it happen. I have the sun-java-xxx repo added, but I see the same bug that you found.

Comment

Re-confirmed. It isn't just KPackagekit that is affected - Muon also won't bring up the sources list for editing. The option to Configure Software Sources is there, but clicking on it and typing in my password only does a package cache update - nothing more.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

The actual debian/ubuntu specific too that is broken is called software-properties-kde, it is actually a separate app as KPK doesn't actually handle debian repository configuration on its own. It is also used in muon and doesn't work there either.

Comment

Excelent, thanks for the package name, that was really helpful. Anyway, seeing as no bug against policykit or kde-software-properties were reported, I took the liberty of doing it.

Yoo can add yourselfs to the bug, gentlemen.
            https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/+bug/768363/

Comment

Until the bug is fixed, if you need to make changes, the gtk package works. Download the software-properties-gtk package and run it with kdesudo.

Comment

Have just re-installed natty beta 1 here - and edit origins works as it should - the version of software-properties-kde there is 0.80.5. The option to update is available - all the way to 0.80.8.

edit: just re-installed beta 2 - software-properties-kde is 0.80.7 - and works just fine - it must be that last update where things go wrong.

edit: have just applied all updates except software-properties-kde and edit origins no longer works

Comment

Yes, I installed via a daily just after beta 2, the package was working then.

Comment

Originally posted by el_koraco
                    Until the bug is fixed, if you need to make changes, the gtk package works. Download the software-properties-gtk package and run it with kdesudo.
                    Synaptic also works, for those of us who can't seem to break that habit
                    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
                    -- anais nin

Comment

Interrestingly enough, the gtk frontend doesn't seem to have the bug that it has in Ubuntu - there it makes a double list of every repository. I would guess the whole bug should get on the to do list for one of the dist-upgrades.

Comment

Instead of installing Synaptic, which brings in it's Ubuntu dependencies, I'll stick with managing my repositories from the CLI until they fix the problem.
                        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

it is written in python/pykde so that may be something with the move to python 2.7

Comment

Fix committed.

Comment

Fix released and confirmed as working.

Comment

Working...
                              X