This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

after upgrading from 10.10 to 11.04 BT Mouse stopped working

Blue Devil is running but says: no adapter found. When I do a "hcitool scan" then it finds
    00:07:61:EB:42:CF Bluetooth Laser Travel Mouse
    When I try to manually connect with "hidd" then it tells me "sudo: hidd: command not found"
    (bluez-utils package installed)
    In 10.10 BT-Mouse worked without problems

Any hints ?

Re: after upgrading from 10.10 to 11.04 BT Mouse stopped working

Although I installed 11.04 already several days ago it was only today I tried to use my Logitec Bluetooth mouse and found it isn't working.

The message is the same, No Bluetooth adapters have been found.

Toshiba Tecra S5.

Comment

Perhaps kbluetooth is interfering. The bug report and fix is here.

If that doesn't help you may want to consider these sites:
      http://mikebeach.org/2010/06/logitec...?replytocom=82
      http://www.hidpoint.com/hidpoint/download.html (supplies hidpoint)
      http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-594624.html
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

I did a 'fresh' install, only retaining my /home partition.

The message in System Settings is that there is no adapter found, the way I read it this means no Bluetooth card in the computer.
        The Bluetooth widget says 'Bluetooth is off'.

This way no devices, like the mouse, can be found.

In System Activities I see bluetoothd an bluedevil-monol are running.

I also installed blueman but get the same error, there is an adapter missing.

Comment

Simple thing to check first. Are the batteries in the mouse 'good'? Replace with fresh ones and see if it remedies your problem.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

*slaps forehead* Duh! (I'm getting too old for this!)
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

"Hidden in plain sight."

Of course, unless the OP tests the battery possibility, it remains just that - a possibility.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Good question about the battery. 8)
                But the mouse works in my old and parallel install of 8.04 and also in XP and Vista.
                It seems the software does not recognise the Bluetooth adapter in this laptop.

Comment

@Snowhog:
                  if it was the Battery, I would not get a reply from "hcitool scan". But as this tool gives me a meaningful reply (it finds the BT Mouse), this means there is the adapter and the battery of the mouse is working. Besides this my mouse shows blinking orange light when the battery is low.

@GrayGeek: thanx for the links, but I dont have a crash with bluedevil, its running and shows something like "no adapter found". The most useful link was the ubuntuforum link. But here I see only what I was trying already, to use the "hidd" command. But this command does not exist and I dont know in which package this should be...

@Teunis: did you try to find your BT device with "hcitool scan" ?

Comment

This http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=597003 seems to be the key to the problem

Comment

Here I found a workaround, but still not a solution to the problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1369525

a "sudo hciconfig hci0 reset" in the terminal brings my mouse back to work. But I have to issue this command after every reboot...

at least I can live with that for now...

Comment

Originally posted by ukir
                        Here I found a workaround, but still not a solution to the problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1369525

a "sudo hciconfig hci0 reset" in the terminal brings my mouse back to work. But I have to issue this command after every reboot...

at least I can live with that for now...
                        Make a script file and add it on /etc/rcX paths

Comment

Thanks for the helpful links and advice, this workaround will do till a more permanent fix comes around.

I had issued the "hcitool scan" command but thinking this command would first look for the adapter I did not realise the mouse had to be active.

And I added this script to ~/.kde/autostart/bluetooth:
                          Code:
                          #!/bin/sh

sudo hciconfig hci0 reset
                          It works for me!

Comment

After the last updates I've just tried to get the mouse working without any scripts or such and the problem seems to be fixed 8)
                            And this seems to now be the official release of 11.04

Comment

Working...
                            X