This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu beta2

I just tried this on a DELL C640 laptop. ONE word: excellent!
    Great job! It ran and installed with no problems what so ever.
    Smooth and clean. Unfortunately I did it on a test hard drive, but be assured, it will be on the main ONE SOON. Thank you for this great version.

Re: kubuntu beta2

Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to the Forum! I am running Natty in some of my machines, I don't think it is ready for production. Best thing to do (assuming enough patience) is to wait a month after the release. There is always a ton of fixes in the first month.

Anyway, I agree, Natty is awesome! Cheers!

Comment

Hi...just curious, but can someone who is using Kubuntu 11.04 check to see which version of Google Chromium is being offered up in the KPackageKit or the Package Manager...Then just post back here with the number of the version...Thanks so much

Comment

Originally posted by craig10x
        Hi...just curious, but can someone who is using Kubuntu 11.04 check to see which version of Google Chromium is being offered up in the KPackageKit or the Package Manager...Then just post back here with the number of the version...Thanks so much
        10.0.648.205 (81283)
        Plasma 5 look&feel for KDE4: http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=166438

Comment

Originally posted by craig10x
          Sure!

Code:
          lmilano@grisell:~$ dpkg -l |grep chromium-browser
          rc chromium-browser                 5.0.342.9~r43360-0ubuntu2         Chromium browser

Comment

12.0.733.0-r81210 can be had from Google directly... I've never had issues running their ~unstable releases...

Edit: Sorry, that is the non-free Chrome and not Chromium.

Comment

Right. Google sponsors the Chromium Open Source project, and builds their flagship Chrome adding a few things (not sure why they can't just use Chromium)

Comment

Thanks guys...that is the current stable version...
                Actually, i use the direct Google Chrome from their website, and it adds the updater automatically and also offers you the latest beta and unstable versions as well...

But the current Chromium stable always seems to be the same as the current Chrome Stable...
                Hope i didn't confuse anyone

Chrome adds 3 items not available in Chromium:

1) A built in web PDF Reader (very handy to look at a pdf file without downloading it to your hard drive with the option of downloading it as well)

2) Built in current version of Adobe Flash Player...

3) Adds PPA (updater) to your software manager automatically and offers current stable, beta, and unstable versions

Comment

Purchased a Emachine w340ua laptopfrom a Thrift store for 25.00. It was missing the hd so tested it with a Puppy linux cd
                  looked fine. So bought a hd from tiger direct but after no go installing kubuntu 10.10 and opensuse, Tried kubuntu 11.04. worked like a charm. Firefox bookmarks was fixed with the last update. Ordered a cpu upgrade off ebay after upgrading the memory from craigs list. Thanks to Kubuntu 11.04 I will have fair to middlin laptop for about 90.00 investment.
                  Custom amd x4 o/c 3800<br />8gb ram, radeon 5850<br />kde 4.7&nbsp; kernel 3 <br />Virtualbox winxp<br /><br />Dell precision m6300<br />4gb ram Quadro m1600<br />intell 2core 2k<br />kde4.7 kernel 3.0

Comment

Originally posted by losingle
                    Purchased a Emachine w340ua laptopfrom a Thrift store for 25.00. It was missing the hd so tested it with a Puppy linux cd
                    looked fine. So bought a hd from tiger direct but after no go installing kubuntu 10.10 and opensuse, Tried kubuntu 11.04. worked like a charm. Firefox bookmarks was fixed with the last update. Ordered a cpu upgrade off ebay after upgrading the memory from craigs list. Thanks to Kubuntu 11.04 I will have fair to middlin laptop for about 90.00 investment.
                    Nice job -- my hat is off!

Comment

<<<not to be contradictory but looks like it's still on

Comment

Working...
                      X