This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new install old box ......looks good

OK so I installed 11.04 on that old box from trash.......hear> http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3115675.0

after the initial install did the usual
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    and got "600 to upgrade" so I let it

wint to bed .......got up and had to hit a few OK's to some libc6 things being configured or something like that( ya my bad didn't right it down) and a reboot.

WoW ...runs better than the 10.04 it seems ....lighter load over all ...and the nouveau driver is doing some effects.
    I see we have a KDE-disk utilaty now ...sweet it worked good and looked good

well now to set it up and see how it goes ..........medibuntu dosent seem to add yet as a repo but a libdvdcss2 from MM installed with Gdebi was fine

☯VINNY☯
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: new install old box ......looks good

I put Natty on VB as a guest OS while I wrote the "Development" documentation for it. From my experience KDE 4.6 does seem to run significantly faster than 10.4 and KDE 4.5.3.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Re: new install old box ......looks good

Originally posted by GreyGeek
      I put Natty on VB as a guest OS while I wrote the "Development" documentation for it. From my experience KDE 4.6 does seem to run significantly faster than 10.4 and KDE 4.5.3.
      yes much faster on this old box................

although the nouveau driver will do the 3D stuff hear.......you can NOT have it on and watch video.......at least not hear

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X