This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LiveCD for 2-13-11 FireFox install bug.

Installing FireFox with the menu installer button or from KPackageKit fails because it "doesn't have permission" to overwrite /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop . Deleting that file and re-doing the install still gives the same message.

I tried the 2-14-2011 livecd but even though I can burn it to a DVD and validate the CD, it fails to boot on any of my boxes.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Re: LiveCD for 2-13-11 FireFox install bug.

Installing FireFox with the menu installer button or from KPackageKit fails because it "doesn't have permission" to overwrite /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop.

Hmm - do you mean this:
    Package: /var/cache/apt/archives/firefox_4.0~b11+build3+nobinonly-0ubuntu2_i386.deb
    Error: trying to overwrite '/usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop', which is also in package kubuntu-firefox-installer 11.04ubuntu1
    The error is: Two packages have the same file: /usr/share/applications/firefox.desktop.

Deleting that file and re-doing the install still gives the same message.
    The package manager (or simply the dpkg) is reading the information from the package database. The package database is updated from the package enclosed information not from the real file structure.

A bug report > https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...x/+bug/717666:

I tried the 2-14-2011 livecd but even though I can burn it to a DVD and validate the CD, it fails to boot on any of my boxes.
    The Natty is still an alpha (2). There are lot of broken things.
    Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
    1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
    2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
    X