This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installion - unable to select non-USA keyboard

As subject - selecting a non-USA keyboard in the installer will quickly revert back to USA.

Re: Installion - unable to select non-USA keyboard

That sounds like a bona-fide bug (I'm not going to do another installation just to verify it).

But, after installation, it is no problem to add one of the other national keyboard layouts from System Settings > Input Devices > Keyboard > Layouts. After the setting is changed, and you click the flag on the panel to change it to your preferred layout, that will remain selected unless/until you change it.

Comment

Good call and not surprising for 11.04
      Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

As subject - selecting a non-USA keyboard in the installer will quickly revert back to USA.
        I have had that in every beta since BC 2000 (since a long time )

As dible mentioned. Install with English ->us keyboard and set your locations/keyboards when install is complete.
        HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
        4 GB Ram
        Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

And there is another bug relating this. You can use your keyboard layout on your kde session, but not on KDM or a virtual terminal.

Comment

Working...
          X