Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A possible bug when reconnecting to wireless network.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A possible bug when reconnecting to wireless network.

Hi,

I'm facing a possible bug here and before I report it I wanted to know if other people are affected by it. The problem is that after restarting X (alt PrtSc k) and logging back go Kubuntu, i cannot connect to my wireless network. I can see still see the wireless network in KNetworkManager but it just won't connect, and I get no error message.

I'd appreciate it if anyone here could try reproducing this on their system and report back if they are experiencing the same problem.

Re: A possible bug when reconnecting to wireless network.

Yes I get the same problem.
    It also happens when logging out and into another user account.

Only way to get it back for me is to reboot.

This only started happening after upgrading kubuntu to the latest KDE version

Comment

Same exact situation here, as well.

Regards,
      zenarcher
      Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

I hadn't realised it was affecting 10.10 as well, but having tested that, I have the problem there as well.
        I have reported the bug in Launchpad, below is the link, in case you want to mark this bug as affecting you too.
        https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...nt/+bug/713662

Comment

Just went in and signed onto the bug, as well.

Thanks,
          zenarcher
          Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

signed me up to as effecting me too.

Comment

Anyone else still having this problem?

I have done a fresh install from the beta 1 and the problem is still there either switching users or logging out and back in to the same user.

The bug report mentioned earlier is still marked unassigned and has had no activity at all it seems.

I did try the newest openSUSE for a few days and I didn't get the problem there.

Comment

I get the same problem on 10.10. It happens to me relatively frequently because I can crash X on and off just by alt-tabbing through applications.

Comment

Does opening a Konsole and issuing

sudo /etc/init.d/network restart

cause the network to reconnect?
                  "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
                  – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Restarting networking doesn't help here.

Comment

This looks to have been fixed in yesterdays update. (15 April)

Comment

Yes, partially.

I find if I logout out and login in as another user then logout from that user and back to the original user, there are no more problems.

But if I logout and back in as the same user I have no network again.

Comment

Ditto here, networking restart not helping. Added myself to subscription.

Comment

Working...
                          X