This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natty in VirtualBox

Just thought you might be interested to know that Natty seems to work quite well in VirtualBox under Maverick.
    I upgraded one of my Maverick systems yesterday to the latest packages (excluding KDE 4.6beta) and included was an upgrade to VirtualBox (Version 3.2.12 rc68032). 64-bit Natty gave various glitches, but the 32-bit Desktop version installed OK, and after adding the necessary source files and installing Guest Additions I could get Natty running in full-screen mode, with some Desktop effects; it was a bit sluggish because I only gave it a 512Mb virtual disk and 45Mb of Graphics memory. But it works well enough to see what the developers are up to as 11.04 matures.

Re: Natty in VirtualBox

Good to know. That's what I'm planning to do.

Comment

I have been running 64-bit Natty under VirtualBox (3.2.10 & 12) for a while now with no issues.

Upgrading to VirtualBox 4.0beta, there have been some odd issues with automatic resizing (which I turned off to overcome)... but it seems to work fine otherwise.
      Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

BTW, the 4.0b resizing problem went away after I re-installed the guest drivers again. Seems to work perfect now, even with autoresizing.

Looks like 4.0b2 fixes this problem: The changelog notes "Linux Additions: fixed compilation of the kernel modules with DKMS (4.0 Beta 1 regression)". I just installed it and it also works fine.
        Specs:  Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (@3Ghz), G.SKILL 4GB DDR2 1066, ASUS Striker II Formula MB, Asus EN9800GTX+ Dark Knight, ABS Tagan BZ800 PS, Antec 900 Case.

Comment

Working...
        X