• Show
Clear All

Kontact/KMail is still 4.4.7, not 4.6B1

Which means we can't test the new akonadi based KMail

Re: Kontact/KMail is still 4.4.7, not 4.6B1

No wonder IMAP still sucks!

Comment

It's still undecided whether Natty will have kdepim 4.6 or 4.4, so the 4.6 packages are not in the main repos. You should be able to test the 4.6 beta packages from the experimental kubuntu-ppa repository for natty:
      Of course there is always a chance it'll eat kittens (and/or your mail), so only recommended for testing machines/installs.

Comment

I highly recommend NOT upgrading to KMail2. Akonadi just chews through CPU usage even when nothing appears to be happening. What's worse is that even PIM components like Kjots, which you might think should have nothing to do with Akonadi, now initializes CPU hungry akonadi resources. It's totally unusuable as it stands.

(This is true even after having removed at all configuration files/folders for KMail and KMail2.)

Comment

With the latest update to KMail 2.0.89 things have changed dramatically. Akonadi's not killing my CPU and everything appears to be working smoothly. Wheewwww! This is great news, if you ask me.

Comment

I tried out the kmail beta this afternoon. On the whole it seemed to work really well, but it kept getting tangled up in kwallet & asking for passwords for all of my email accounts every time it periodically checked my email, like every 10 minutes. Without kwallet I couldn't enter passwords for my accounts and it wouldn't check my pop3 accounts otherwise. And yes, I checked the box about storing the password. And akonadi was supposed to be always allowed to access the wallet with the pop3 passwords.

I don't use kwallet. I have always found it confusing to configure & things seemed to work just fine without it.

I ended up uninstalling it & reinstalling the "regular" kmail & associated programs. The beta certainly looks promising, but if the final release requires kwallet, I'll probably have to drop kmail.

Comment

Hi!

It's seems that we will have to wait a little longer for kde pim 4.6

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-release-...1267316826&w=2

I've been using it for a few days. I actually managed to live with the few bugs of current beta
              Distributor ID: Ubuntu
              Description: Ubuntu Trusty Tahr (development branch)
              Release: 14.04
              Codename: trusty

Comment

this has been an interesting thread.

woodsmoke
                sigpic
                Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Originally posted by hteles
                  I've been using it for a few days. I actually managed to live with the few bugs of current beta
                  Same here, though I had to work at it

- Something seemed wrong with the graphics, looked a lot more primitive and less "clean" that kontact 4.4.8

- IMAP Mailboxes were in some werid order with my Inbox dumped in the middle. Couldn't figure out how to change that.

On the plus side, the migration of my 4.4.8 setup went very well.

OTOH - Contacts seem to be complete broken - can't get my vcard file or google contact to load.

Comment

OTOH - Contacts seem to be complete broken - can't get my vcard file or google contact to load.
                    I am having the same trouble with google resources. Both for contacts and calendar.

Kontact 4.6 beta2
                    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                    4 GB Ram
                    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

Hi,

it seems that KDEPIM 4.6beta3 is available, also KDE 4.5.90 ( RC1 )

http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-release-...0703805278&w=2

Comment

KDEPIM 4.4.9 is now availble for Natty (11.04) - that fixes vCard.

Google contacts isn't crashing but its doesn't apear to finish syncing.

Comment

Hi,

It seems that KDEPIM beta 4 is around the corner for our fellows kubunters.

See kubicle post to see how to get akonadi 1.4.95, let's hope that the PIM will come soon too

Comment

Working...
                          X