This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] Natty updates broken?

I haven't had any updates to Natty/11.04 in a couple of weeks, maybe more.
    Maybe apt is broken? Anyone getting updates at this point?

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: Natty updates broken?

maybe something's wrong with your mirror if you are running a different localized mirror - not all of them may be updating natty. I'd try changing to a different one as there are daily changes as is the norm

Comment

Looks like I am using

deb http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty universe

Can you recommend a different one?

Thanks.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

dunno, but there have been plenty of updates, KDE 4.6 beta1 in the past few days alone

Are you using apt-get? try that, your mirror is fine.

Comment

Yes, I always use apt-get.

I think I found the problem.

I copied everything in sources.list.d from maverick to natty, then changed "maverick" to "natty" in all the files. Of course it pulls a lot of "not found" errors on the various ppas. Up until a couple of weeks ago, that did not seem to be a problem; it just spewed out the error messages and did the update anyway. Now it won't. I moved all the files, except for medibuntu, somewhere else, and now it's telling me it wants to upgrade 888 packages, and remove 306 -- most of the removals are kde, which are not being replaced, so I guess I will wait a while.

I thought this was going too smoothly...

Comment

Working...
          X