This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

(SOLVED)Power management issue

I have had this issue everytime i've installed 10.10, even when i turn off power management in ubuntu desktop and kde desktop my monitor still powers down after 10min at idle. No screen savers are on, nothing is on. Saw in an earlier post that removing Hal might be the way to go but not sure. Any suggestions?
    AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Re: Power management issue

have you tried system settings -> display -> screen saver? be sure its not set to blank screen after 10 min....
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Yeah, everthing is disabled for screen savers and power management. It's the one thing i have yet to figure out all this time. Doesn't cause any problems, just bugs that i can't turn it on/off or change it.
      AMD PhenomII X2 550 CPU - Asus M4A88TD-Evo - Nvidia GT640 - 4G 1333 ram - Kubuntu 13.04 - KDE 4.10.5 amd64

Comment

Laptop or desktop PC? If the latter, it is possible that the monitor itself has a built-in power saving feature.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

i would also double check your power management and be sure you have edit the correct profile. there are a few in there to begin with. if you have a properitary video driver you might want to check its control program and see if it has an option for that.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

It's a PC and now i feel like an idiot lol. That was it, can't believe this whole time i didn't know my monitor had a power saving option lmao. Thanks for the quick reply.

Comment

Re: (SOLVED)Power management issue

Never had to mess with it, every stand alone OS i've run has always overridden that feature. I guess it's true what they about always start with the simple stuff first. Thanks for the quick replies.

Comment

Working...
              X