This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firestarter Causing Kubuntu Login Problem

I have Kubuntu Maverick 10.10- 64 bit installed through WUBI on HP Pavilion DV6 laptop.
    I recently installed Firestarter firewall and enabled it. I wanted to start it only when the internet connection is started, however, it seems that it was wrongly configured.
    After starting the computer, now the firewall is trying to load at the login window. The login window is not accepting my login password. My login password originally was 10 characters long, but after firestarter installation, the login window is accepting only 8 characters and not more. Therefore, I cannot login. Moreover, after trying to login, the display briefly shows warning “Unable to start firestarter” and once again, login window appears. I cannot proceed further.
    However, the login window is giving option of starting a terminal and I am able to login from the terminal i.e. terminal is accepting my 10 character password correctly.
    I now want to disable the firestarter firewall from loading at login so that I am able to login. But it looks like I have to do it from terminal only since KDE GUI is not loading. Please guide me with commands for inputting through terminal for disabling the Firestarter firewall at startup.
    Thanks

Re: Firestarter Causing Kubuntu Login Problem

This topic should be moved from Social/Casual Talk into something more appropriate such as Software Problems or Post-Installation.

Comment

Re: Firestarter Causing Kubuntu Login Problem

Nevermind, I think it was about an hour ago. Carry on

Comment

Working...
      X