X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KMail, KWallet and the cloud

Hi,

I use SpiderOak to sync my (~2Gb) of mail between my home and work desktop computers. This generally works fine, with one key problem.

The link seems to screw with kwallet for some reason (at least, kwallet is acting up and this is the only real change I can think of that happened recently).

SpiderOak syncs this folder between machines:
    /home/me/.kde/share/apps/kmail

When KMail opens it calls KWallet, but I think get an error about KWallet being accessed too many times with the deeply unhelpful hint "some program might be misbehaving".

Given that kmailrc isn't being synced, nor are my wallets, I'm not sure what might be causing the problems here. Any suggestions?

Re: KMail, KWallet and the cloud

are you running kde 4.6? this may be related to the bug causing the akonadi errors at kontact/kmail startup. I think you can ignore it.

Comment

I am running 4.6, and I did wonder about the akonadi bug.

I can't quite ignore it though - KMail runs fine, but because it and KWallet aren't speaking to each other properly I'm having to put in my mail passwords very frequently (on some runs, every time I want to send a mail).

Comment

Hi
        I'm on the wrong computer to check, but kwallet stores passwords in a simple file. I can't remember where or which, but I'd bet that if one googled where Kwallet stores passwords, there'd be a thread.

Anyway, one can open the file as super and delete all of the passwords, Kwallet will then ask again, and you put them in again, and you would be ok.

Sorry I'm on the wrong computer.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. Had tried that, with no real success (it just led to me having to input my password every time I opened Kontact). After your suggestion though I not only deleted the passwords from Kwallet (just using kwalletmanager), I deleted the entire kmail folder. Now, having input my password and told kmail to remember it, I don't get asked for it anymore.

I suspect that means kmail is storing the password rather than kwallet, but the drop in security isn't a bit deal on this computer. Thanks.

Comment

glad to help little as it was.

woodsmoke
            sigpic
            Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
            X