This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nepomuk service stub crashes on logon.

Every time I log on to KDE on my computer, a windows comes up saying: "We are sorry, Nepomuk Service Stub closed unexpectedly." It also says: "Details:
    Executable: nepomukservicestub PID: 1819 Signal: Segmentation fault(11)."
    This started just after I upgaded to KDE 4.6.1 from KDE 4.5. It hasn't affected anything I've done on the computer so far, but it gets annoying.

Re: Nepomuk service stub crashes on logon.

Hi
    I have no clue so don't listen to me, but i just spent a long time on nepomuk and there is basically one database thing that has to be there, you might check my thread elsehwere and see if my thread says that a database is missing and then install that one. it is, I think, mysqld or something like that.

But, then a segmentation fault may mean something totally different.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I think a segmentation fault is when a program tries to access something it is not allowed to in RAM.

Comment

hmmmm the db would be running in ram... hmm don't know though

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

I think it might be trying to access the kernel software, or the kernel hasn't set up permissions properly.

Comment

Try reinstalling all nepomuk and akonadi packages. That solved a similar crash I had in one of my computers after upgrading to 4.6.1

Comment

That also is what I did, if you do not actually have settings in Kontact, uninstall it also. Do akonadi and nepomuk both at once and then Kontact
              woodsmoke
              sigpic
              Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

It appears as though Nepomuk is a file indexing/search function which is a dependency for kdelibs. I've tried updating the package/reinstalling it as well as akonadi and removed the kontact package all to no avail. I agree that it must be a permission thing (I started having the crashes after my kernel update earlier today). I guess we'll have to just ride it out until an update arrives since kde depends on nepomuk and we can't just remove it. I am going to try and suspend indexing service for a bit and see if the crashes cease.

Comment

I'm having the same issue, I can't call it a problem because everything I want is running.
                  The indexing service Strigi that depends on Nepomuk was switched off long ago because it's a horrible drain on resources.
                  Starting up on the previous kernel version does not help.

Comment

I have had this problem for years! I did a fresh install from the 13.10 dailies & it still is broken.
                    The Ubuntu Counter Project - user number # 7859, registered Linux user 470405 Lenovo T510 Kubuntu Trusty 64bit, Intel Core i5-560M, 8 GB PC3-DDR3 SDRAM - 1067 MHz, NVIDIA NVS 3100m PCI Express, Wireless Centrino N 6300 My website http://www.qah.org.au

Comment

Working...
                    X