This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kaffeine and Hauppauge WIN TV 950Q

Ok I am having a little problem with Kaffeine after upgrading to 10.10 from 10.04...

I use a Hauppage 950Q USB TV tuner to watch and record live TV on the PC. I am having a pretty difficult sound issue after upgrading. Basically I can scan and view TV just fine, but the sound is horrible. It cuts out all the time but if I switch from eng to span in the little box in the television window it will work for a little while and then start doing it again. I just use the basic over the air stations, and scan the ATSC center frequencies. My set up is good and I get a very strong signal, (outdoor antenna, good signal booster etc.)

Any suggestions? I am stumped after working on this for the last few days trying different set-ups etc. Or can anyone recommend another good TV viewer/recorded that uses the ATSC frequencies here in the US?

Originally posted by cptrohn View Post
    Ok I am having a little problem with Kaffeine after upgrading to 10.10 from 10.04...

I use a Hauppage 950Q USB TV tuner to watch and record live TV on the PC. I am having a pretty difficult sound issue after upgrading. Basically I can scan and view TV just fine, but the sound is horrible. It cuts out all the time but if I switch from eng to span in the little box in the television window it will work for a little while and then start doing it again. I just use the basic over the air stations, and scan the ATSC center frequencies. My set up is good and I get a very strong signal, (outdoor antenna, good signal booster etc.)

Any suggestions? I am stumped after working on this for the last few days trying different set-ups etc. Or can anyone recommend another good TV viewer/recorded that uses the ATSC frequencies here in the US?
    If the problem is mainly with channels transmitting high resolutions, try Playback | Video | Deinterlace - it should be OFF. Also try fiddling with the audio. I seem to need PavuControl running on one system to somehow stabilize the audio streams. I think there may be a problem with the digital to analog process, but I'm not sure.

Comment

My setup is different from yours. So I don't know if this will help, but I have been using VLC for years to watch TV for years on my computer. I have an old Hauppage PVR 150 internal card which is hooked up to the second feed from my Dish Network DVR via composite cable. I too, have some sound problems occasionally, but merely closing and restarting the program seems to clear them.

Comment

sory to jump in hear with a Q of my own ,,,,,,,but could you peeps that do this (watch TV on the computer) tell me how to get started ,,,,,like a good USB tuner that would/should work with 12.04 and the software I would need ..........please

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X