This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems with Kaffeine

I have found two problems with Kaffeine which I consider important to fix.
    • The first is that the sound on High Definition Digital TV has random long breaks. I can see the lips of the speaker moving but there is no sound. The sound on standard Digital TV channels works well. The problem in only with HD TV.
    • The second is the menu selection for a DVD. When it first comes up, the menu buttons are not visible. If I wait for a number of seconds, the cursor changes from a pointer to a hand in the area where the button should be displayed. If I then select the item with the hand, it then goes to the next level menu. If I then return to the top level menu, the menu buttons are displayed

I have attached the images which illustrate this problem.
    Attached Files

Re: Problems with Kaffeine

You could try installing vlc instead.
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Re: Problems with Kaffeine

Originally posted by Yuri sss
      You could try installing vlc instead.
      I have found Dragon Player works fine with DVDs, but I also need to view and record Digital TV/ High Definition Digital TV. For that purpose, as far as I know, Kaffeine is the only viable package. My main problem is with Kaffeine is sound from HD Digital TV channels. I suspect that the problem is its interface with pulse audio.

Comment

I have a similiar problem. I have sound but very poor volume. Vlc and Dragon are fine.
        Bobmac

Comment

Have you tried increasing audio and video buffers and video frames in ~/.kde4/share/apps/kaffeine/xine-config? You may have to play with the numbers to find the best results. Try doubling or tripling the numbers. Going too high can significantly slow down changing channels. I use mythtv and find it to be excellent but I realize it is over-kill for many people.

Here is a forum discussion where this is mentioned in post #7:
          http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1429279

Comment

Working...
          X