This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

User window decor for root

I have a habit of using the same window decoration for programs that are ran as root, like Synaptic etc. After an exhaustive search I found these nifty commands that make the root use the user settings:

$ sudo ln -s ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4 /root/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4
    $ sudo rm /root/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals
    $ sudo ln -s ~/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals /root/.kde/share/config/kdeglobals

and for GTK applications appearance:
    $ sudo cp ~/.gtkrc-2.0-kde4 /root/.gtkrc-2.0

But, something doesn't work and the root appearance is on the default theme in 10.10. Can anyone point out what's wrong?
    www.behance.net/Loadus

Re: User window decor for root

Check this: http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...0693#msg240693

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix-TX
      Cheers!
      www.behance.net/Loadus

Comment

Originally posted by Loadus
        I have a habit of using the same window decoration for programs that are ran as root, like Synaptic etc. After an exhaustive search I found these nifty commands that make the root use the user settings:

<snip>
        No idea where you got those fishy instructions from...
        To change the theme for Gtk apps (e.g. Firefox and Gimp), install und run gtk-chtheme. To change the theme for Gtk apps run as root (Synaptic), right-click the desktop, select "Run command" and enter:
        kdesu gtk-chtheme

If you want a consistent look across Kde and Gtk apps, install QtCurve - it's highly customisable.
        Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Working...
        X