This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banshee updates are welcomed.

To keep this short, I've reviewed the "media/music players" for many years now.

Banshee was one of those players that I really liked and really "rooted for" but along with many others, it was just "moribund".

I am VERY pleased to see the relatively constant stream of updates to Banshee.

Kudos to the Banshee team if they happen to read this post.

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

40...that is fourty...Banshee updates today....

BRAVO!!!!

Whether or not you "use" Banshee ...you should support financially, the project....

A question...............how many OTHER music players have you seen that have started coming out with such regular and GOOD updates?

Bravo Banshee team!!!

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Re: Banshee updates are welcomed.

Does it play music from connected mp3 players and/or music CDs?
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: Banshee updates are welcomed.

Hi
        Thanks for the question.

EDIT!!!

I'm pleased to say that Banshee 2.0 in MM plays streams.

end of edit, woodsmoke

I'm writing from MintKDE lastest version with latest updates. That was where i saw the long stream of Banshee updates. And it was a much larger list than I saw previously.

Sad to say, no it is still in the mode of copying a track to hd and playing it from there.

However, I am very GLAD to report that one can now copy a stream such as :

http://somafm.com/lush.pls

into: "media/open location/copy the addy as above and it plays VERY NICELY whereas just a few weeks ago it sat and sulked a lot.

So...some good and some bad....

But, we need some lively competition between the players so that they all up their game!

thanks for the question!

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Working...
        X