This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 10.10 liveUSB

Well just wanted to say How nice my new little 4Gig USB stick is runing with 10.10 on it............

It's ben a longer than usuall jurney this time.
    First when I bought the stick and wint to partition it bothe Gparted and parted runing in my 10.04 install would crash on it........ it took a Gparted livecd to work with it.(thars a post on that in 10.04 software)

then I used UNetbootin forgeting it dosent do a persistence file and I wanted that.

So I redid it with the startup disk creator and gave it as large a persistence file as it would let me so I can custamize it and use it for a pocket OS.

Wew 2 howers worth of work for what should have been a 45min operation at most.

well that's it ..........it seams to work just fine .........well I wish rekonq had spell check .....as I'm shur anyone trying to read this dose to

I'v added the midibuntu repo and kubuntu-restricted-exras VLC and Kget for rekonq
    some custamizing to the desktop and it all sticks thrugh a reboot ..............nice

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: My 10.10 liveUSB

I agree Vinny, it's a very useful thing.

One thing it's done that is a minor irritation is that it halts part way through the boot process to give the opportunity to try or install which seems to slow it down a fair bit. Still, I don't think I'll ask for my money back

Have you taken a look at the netbook setting yet? Looks to me that it works rather well now.

Comment

Re: My 10.10 liveUSB

Originally posted by The Liquidator
      I agree Vinny, it's a very useful thing.

One thing it's done that is a minor irritation is that it halts part way through the boot process to give the opportunity to try or install which seems to slow it down a fair bit. Still, I don't think I'll ask for my money back

Have you taken a look at the netbook setting yet? Looks to me that it works rather well now.
      yes actually it dose work well ......as long as you take the time to get used to it

I liked watching the icons pop in from no ware wile I typed in the search box............in fact sense my 10.04 install was runing KDE-4.5.3 and I saw that the option was in system settings ....but grayed out .....I just got done installing the kubuntu-netbook package with muon and then the option was fully available and I am in it now on 10.04

I still like my desktop better but if I had a netbook it would have 10.10 so I could have both

but it's going to be another good .......Hay check this out ......can your box do that.........kind of thing ..........for me......LOL

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X