This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Dolphin and file properties

Even if I can't get MM to let me set my screen resolution at will, I still like to see how easy I can check an image file size on the information panel or by right clicking on an image and selecting properties and picking up the information tab. I was about to suggest to KDE devs they should include such a good feature until I saw it was already there in 4.5.1 or maybe just in 4.5.2. The bad thing is it doesn't work with jpeg files... yet...
    Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
    Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
    Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
    Using Linux since June, 2008

Re: About Dolphin and file properties

Originally posted by kyonides
    Even if I can't get MM to let me set my screen resolution at will, I still like to see how easy I can check an image file size on the information panel or by right clicking on an image and selecting properties and picking up the information tab. I was about to suggest to KDE devs they should include such a good feature until I saw it was already there in 4.5.1 or maybe just in 4.5.2. The bad thing is it doesn't work with jpeg files... yet...
    It *does* work with Jpeg images if they have Exif information avaiable, but that's not the case with all Jpeg images.
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Too bad it's not always the case with jpeg...
      Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
      Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
      Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
      Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

And show MP3-Tags would be great too..

Comment

Meanwhile / earlier > Exif information context menu

Right click an image... Show Image Metadata (exif)

[img width=400 height=192]http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/7163/exifw.jpg[/img]

Standard Information.
          [img width=400 height=320]http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/9300/moreb.jpg[/img]

Before you edit, BACKUP !

Why there are dead links ?
          1. Thread: Please explain how to access old kubuntu forum posts
          2. Thread: Lost Information

Comment

Working...
          X