X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Installed Kubuntu using Wubi ! Help Needed

hey Guys,

I installed Kubuntu 10.10 on my windows 7 pc using WUBI. In the End it ejected the disk and told me to reboot and choose Kubuntu.

I did that. And wwhen i reboot i chose Kubuntu. The I see a stylish Kubuntu welcome type of page. And then nothing Happens.

please tell me a solution to fix this problem.

Re: I Installed Kubuntu using Wubi ! Help Needed

Hi All, I have a similar problem. I installed Kubuntu 11.04 using Wubi, andI got kubuntu (OS) only when I choose "Demo mode". When I choose the others, nothing happened. Anybodie can help us?

Thenks in advance.

Comment

Re: I Installed Kubuntu using Wubi ! Help Needed

See https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide

To be honest, your solution is to remove Kubuntu & Wubi and either create a dual boot setup or a LiveUSB stick that you can boot from and run Kubuntu. The reason is here:
      Warning

There is a critical issue on Wubi 10.04.2 and 10.10 installs caused by allowing the Update Manager to update the grub-pc and/or grub-common packages.

Please avoid updating these packages on these releases until this notice is removed. If you have already run these updates and need help or would like more information, please see the Wubi Megathread on Ubuntu Forums

These problems can be avoided on a fresh install by locking the grub-pc and grub-common packages. See the main post (just after the Permanent Fix section) in the Wubi Megathread linked to above for more on how to do this.
      Locking the kernel is, IMO, not a valid option if you want the improvements a new kernel brings. I ran into this problem. A couple weeks after I installed Kubuntu 10.4 on a Win7 box the kernel was updated, causing the "update-grub" command to be executed. After that, I could no longer access my Kubuntu OS. So, I did the following:

When you boot your PC, hold down the SHIFT key until the Grub menu comes up. Select the Windows OS and boot into it. From the Windows Control panel's "add & remove programs" remove Kubuntu. IF that doesn't work there is a section in that link on "Uninstallation", which describes other methods.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
      X