This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

configuring dragon player

My desktop is 2GHz 1GB RAM and 40 GB HDD. I have dual boot of Kubuntu & Win-XP and due to some hardware repairs that I had to undertake, the HDD was re-formatted and these were re-installed about 10 days ago. Kubuntu has been given a total of 6GB space out of which, 800 MB is Swap space but using Kubuntu, I can access, read and amend all the data on the hard disk including those portions which have been marked for Win-XP whereas with Win-XP, I can access only the 34 GB of hard disk. I am not yet fully familiar with Linux and don't want to let go of Win-XP as yet.

Kubuntu 9.04 was installed using a CD. From this time onwards, both Dragon and Amarok players have been giving me notifications to state that some additional packages need to be installed to improve functionality of the player and the player did not "PLAY" the media on which I clicked. In any case, I wanted to upgrade and have already gone up to Kubuntu 9.10. After this upgrade, I don't get the notification as stated above but I am still unable to use both these players. I am now in the process of upgrading to Kubuntu 10.04 and that process should be over in another hour or so. (With my slow connection, the download took about 7 hours for upgrade from 9.04 to 9.10 and for the past about 9 hours I am continuing to download the upgrade package for 9.10 to 10.04.).

Firstly, can someone please tell me what to do so that I can watch movies and listen to music using Dragon and Amarok Players?

Secondly, I find that Firefox is more comfortable to work with than Konqueror Web browser and would like to install that too within the Linux. Can someone help please?

Thank you in advance.

Re: configuring dragon player

Hi,

You have to install codecs first. Open Konsole (terminal) and copy-paste the below commands:

For audio/video codecs & flash player & Microsft core fonts:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras
    For Firefox:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install firefox firefox-kde-support

Regards.

Comment

Working...
    X