This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[RESOLVED] cant get kubuntu to download

I have twice downloaded what the kubuntu site referred to as kubuntu 10.10 amd64. iso and each time it has led me to believe its downloading kubuntu until i come to burn the iso to a cd, whereupon it hasnt downloaded kubuntu but ubuntu. After 2 x cd's and 1.4gb download usage Im getting a bit tired and wondering if I am doing or not doing anything which is preventing kubuntu downloading, anyone else had this problem?

Re: cant get kubuntu to download

Where are you downloading from? What is the name of the .iso you are selecting?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I went through Distrowatch to the kubuntu site and it said after I selected kubuntu 64 bit version it was downloading kubuntu-10.10-desktop-amd64.iso from "mirror.bytemark.co.uk"

Comment

Strange, should have worked...

Anyway, have a look at this link - from the horse's mouth so to speak:

http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/download
        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Sincere apologies for having a slow/malfunctioning brain ( post-operation anaesthetic as Im still getting headaches, cognitive deficits/slowness)Thanks Toad and Snowhog advice worked out fine, it was partly the iso burner I was using it wouldnt load kubuntu kept insisting on loading ubuntu, ditched it and got freeisoburner, which, as I am now using kubuntu to access this forum proves it works.

Comment

Great

Could I ask you to mark this thread as solved, please. You will find instructions on how to do so in my signature.
            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Working...
            X