Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No mouse, and maybe no window manager, on new install of Maverick-vanilla, too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No mouse, and maybe no window manager, on new install of Maverick-vanilla, too!

UPDATE:

I just installed from a regular maverick cd. Same behavior: mouse during install, but not after reboot!

How far back do I have to go? Lucid? K?

Any ideas as to how to start the tradckpad?

After fighting natty with kubuntu, ubuntu, and the kde3 remix, and still not being able to talk to my own printer, I'm trying maverick (jaunty worked fine for a couple of years, and supported the hardware in question).

I now have the maverick remix installed on one machine, which seems to have gone mostly ok, except for a "minor" issue--no mouse (trackpad; no real usb mice handy to try). The mouse worked fine during installation, but now I just have a non-responsive white pointer on the screen.

I've gone through aptitude a couple of times to bring it up to date, and deal with other packages it wanted to add/remove/update, but I'm still mouseless.

The keyboard seems to work, but that doesn't do much but offer to switch desktops. I can also switch to text consoles.

Noone else may have these opinions without paying my retainer

Re: No mouse, and maybe no window manager, on new install of Maverick KDE3 remix

I wonder if they have any bug tacker or forum for that remix. Does this happen in a normal maverick install? the remix may be using kde3, but the kernel and all drivers are probably the same as in any other *buntu 10.10. I don't think there are many with experience using it.

my guess is a corrupted install, or its installer has a bug in that area.

can you alt-f2 to run system settings to check the mouse/pointer sections, assuming that you are able to use the keyboard to navigate

Comment

Re: No mouse, and maybe no window manager, on new install of Maverick KDE3 remix

I can get the system settings up, and use the alt-accelerator keys for the menu items, and navigate through those, but i haven't found a way to select/tab/whatever the icons.

Comment

I've reinstalled, but saved /etc from the live cd.

Is there something I can diff to figure out what is different?

Comment

Working...
        X