X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Solved] Blank after login

Hello forums.

I'm using backports PPA and just made and upgrade to my kde packgages. I was already on KDE 4.6.2 (Kubuntu 10.10) and I think the upgrade ended in ~ppa2 or something. After this upgrade and subsequent reboot my screen blanks out (smoothly) after login animation. I can still start firefox and other programs using alt+f2 but the desktop is black and plasma does not seem to be working (can't right click desktop, the panels's not there etc.).

I already tried taking off the compositing in the rc-file but this had no other effect but that now the black screen hits instantly after login instead of a smooth fade to black. Is there a way to revert to the ~ppa1 version, or could there be another way around this problem?

Thanks.

Re: Blank after login

I solved the problem and the moderator can thus either remove this topic or let it stay here (maybe someone else has the same problem?). Sorry for the inconvenience.

For some reason a couple of rather essential packages were removed. I pulled in kubuntu-desktop package by sudo apt-get kubuntu-desktop and everything works again.

Comment

Re: [Solved] Blank after login

No inconvenience in having posted the problem and finding the fix yourself. We like that.

Welcome to KFN. Hope you find our forums helpful.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
      X