This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muon -> Antimuon after 4.6.2 Upgrade

Muon appears to be sick after 4.6.2 upgrade. Will not allow checking for updates.

Otherwise, the upgrade seemed to go quite well.
    Omnia mutantur, nos et mutamur in illis.

Re: Muon -> Antimuon after 4.6.2 Upgrade

For me also. Check for updates and apply changes features are disabled.
    OS: Win7 Prof. X64, XP Prof. x86. WD 160GB X3 RAID 0<br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid X64 LTS. <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; 10.10 Maverick X64 KDE 4.6.2<br />MB: abit IP35 PRO. Q6600 OC: 3204MHz. <br />RAM: OCZ 1066MHz 8GB (4X2GB) <br />Graphics: Nvidia 9800GTX+ OC: 823/1265<br />Displays: LG 1280X1024. Asus 1680X1050

Comment

Re: Muon -&gt; Antimuon after 4.6.2 Upgrade

Yes, a few choice omissions to protect us from hasty or unwise updates and installs :P

Comment

Jon is going to check it out. He is upgrading to KDE 4.6.2 to see how it affects Muon, and then get a fix in.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

There's a regression in Solid with KDE 4.6.2 that causes the network status to be reported as "Unknown" rather than "Connected". This is the root cause of the bug.

Muon should have let you try even in the Unknown state, but due to a bug with it, it wasn't. I've committed a fix in Git and will do a bugfix release tomorrow. (The interested can track the Solid bug here.)

Comment

Originally posted by JontheEchidna
            There's a regression in Solid with KDE 4.6.2 that causes the network status to be reported as "Unknown" rather than "Connected". This is the root cause of the bug.

Muon should have let you try even in the Unknown state, but due to a bug with it, it wasn't. I've committed a fix in Git and will do a bugfix release tomorrow. (The interested can track the Solid bug here.)
            Iam afraid to imagine would Muon work well if I configure static inet access (without network-manager) ?

Muon (and their tools) looks like more usable and faster than Kpackagekit, but why it stuck at nm?

Comment

Interesting. If you Configure Software Sources via Muon, the package cache is checked/updated. When finished, and you close the window, Muon's Full Upgrade icon becomes 'active.'
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I'm running 11.04 Natty where Muon had the same problem but it's now fixed, hopefully this is also valid for 10.10.

Comment

On natty (11.04 bet2) my muon 1.1.2 just does a update check when going to "configure package sources" but does not give the package screen where I can choose software sources.

works fine in 10.10 upgraded to 4.6.2 (moun 1.1.1
                  HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
                  4 GB Ram
                  Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

It's a bug with the software properties package. check it out, and add yourself to the bug report list.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...opic=3116404.0

Comment

Working...
                    X