Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 amd64 doesn't boot correctly with included kubuntu 10.10 amd64 grub

I had windows 7 amd64 using the whole hard disk, I then used the windows 7 included tool to shrink the partition, the not formatted space was used to create the linux partitions during the installation, it was a complete installation using the native installer (not the tool for windows).

Some days ago, windows 7 amd64 was failing to start, sometimes it shows the logo animation and then it restarts.

I was asking in ms forums for the same problem, and they told me Grub is probably a big part of the issue so I need to check with its support.

Re: Windows 7 amd64 doesn't boot correctly with included kubuntu 10.10 amd64 grub

the next time you get in to windows run chkdsk on it it wont run then but schedule a run for next boot it may help if you have some file system coruption on the windows NTFS partition.......and it sounds like it .

eney time you shrink a windows NTFS partition .....one should first chkdsk then defrag then chkdsk then shrink then chkdsk then partition and install your other OS of choice.

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Re: Windows 7 amd64 doesn't boot correctly with included kubuntu 10.10 amd64 grub

Check completed, no errors were found

Comment

did it ever work correctly or has it been doing this sense you installed kubuntu?

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

At the beginning (both OS installed), the pc was working correctly, the problem is since some days, I even installed windows again because I though something was wrong with windows, but the problem persists after the reinstallation.

Comment

Try running Memtest86+ to check your RAM for errors.
            Mark<br />Kubuntu 8.04 on IBM X41T/ Pentium M LV 1.5 GHz/1GB DDR2/60GB HDD/Dual-boot with Windows XP Tablet Edition<br />Kubuntu 6.06 on Shuttle SD11G5 mini-server/ Pentium M 2 GHz/1 GB DDR2/80 GB notebook HD/500 GB SATA II HD

Comment

Working...
            X