This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Kmix opens up its control window on every login

Hi, just the subj. It's pretty annoying. I guess it's because I've unchecked "Dock in system tray". How to make it silently restore volumes and go away? Or at least never run. I don't want it in the tray, it is already cluttered anyway.

Re: Kmix opens up its control window on every login

use the "hide this window option" under file in kmix. that should stop it from coming up
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      use the "hide this window option" under file in kmix. that should stop it from coming up
      Nope, it didn't help. The window is still showing.

Comment

under system settings -> start-up/shutdown look for Session management select the option "start with empty session" apply that and hopefully that will do the job. (please note it might be in a slightly different part of system settings depending on what version of kde you have, i have kde 4.5.3)

Comment

under system settings -> start-up/shutdown look for Session management select the option "start with empty session" apply that and hopefully that will do the job. (please note it might be in a slightly different part of system settings depending on what version of kde you have, i have kde 4.5.3)
          But I don't want an empty session! Firefox, konsole, thunderbird are just a few of the apps I want to run. I know I can still put them in Autostart and get them to run, I just thought there was a cleaner solution for kmix. Besides, I could simply remove kmix. But I do want it to restore volumes every time, just not to be shown.

Comment

you can then start w/ a manual session w/ those items.. removing the session info should clear it removing kmix from starting up.

or

why don't u dock it in the panel as a hidden item, that might resolve why "hidding the window" didn't work

Comment

why don't u dock it in the panel as a hidden item, that might resolve why "hidding the window" didn't work
              Worked great, thanks. I haven't looked at the system tray settings before.

Comment

your welcome please make this "[SOLVED]" by edting the first posts subject, just incase anyone has a similar issue hopefully when searching they will find this solution

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Kmix opens up its control window on every login

Oops, sorry, done

Comment

Working...
                  X