This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] KDE Trunk build on Kubuntu Maverick 10.10 breaks stable KDE

I have recently done a fresh install of Kubuntu 10.10 Maverick on my laptop.

Being a contributor to KDE, I used to use KDE from trunk the most time earlier, so I tried to build it. After successfully building trunk, if I try to launch any KDE app from trunk, they are *really* unresponsive, as if they're doing some wait on some dbus response (my guess). The next time I logout/reboot, my KDE stable refuses to start, after I login to KDM, the KDE splash comes briefly, and the login screen comes back. Here is my ~/.xsession-errors http://pastebin.ca/1960681 .

I tried deleting KDE configuration from my home dir, and when that didn't work, I removed and recreated my home dir thinking to start afresh. Still KDE stable fails to load (KDE trunk loads, but its unusable, being largely unresponsive). I even tried to remove+recreate /tmp, but again, that didn't help.

I've reinstalled Kubuntu and again, it runs fine till the point I build and run just one app from trunk. Then it breaks again. I suspect trunk and stable conflict at some point in dbus, but I've no idea

Anyone else having this problem, or has any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks

Re: KDE Trunk build on Kubuntu Maverick 10.10 breaks stable KDE

Fixed the problem by settings $KDEVARTMP so that its different from the stable one. I have set it to /var/tmp/kde-trunk-cache-$USER

Comment

Working...
    X