X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop Issue

Hi all,
    I Dont know if anybody else has this issue. Whenever i start Kubuntu my wallpaper has a kind of see through window on it which is not moveable the only way I have been able to get rid of it is to switch to the netbook desktop and then back again. The issue then reappears when starting up again. I have installed the nvidia drivers to match my video card (NVIDIA 8800 GTX) but the issue still remains. Any ideas what is causing this??
    Please see attached picture below

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/.../snapshot1.png

Re: Desktop Issue

Known bug https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=251537
    Workaround: Try disabling shadows in desktop effects

Comment

You nailed it Skunk!
      (I deleted my worthless post)

The guy who made that bug report at KDE also made one on the launchpad bugzilla and said:
      While I initially observed this bug on my Desktop PC running Kubuntu 10.04 + backported KDE 4.5.1 I am now able to reproduce it using the 10.10 release candidate running inside a VirtualBox VM. This rules out a graphics-driver-related issue.
      "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
      – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks guys. Did not realize that a bug report had already been filed. Guess I'll wait for a fix. In the meantime restarting x seems to resolve the issue.

Andy

Comment

You may want to vote for that bug so the devs may notice there are more people involved...
          Multibooting: Kubuntu Noble 24.04
          Before: Jammy 22.04, Focal 20.04, Precise 12.04 Xenial 16.04 and Bionic 18.04
          Win XP, 7 & 10 sadly
          Using Linux since June, 2008

Comment

Working...
          X