This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oddities after upgrade

So far 10.10 looks very very nice, haven't had a chance to check out all the new gizmos on this upgrade but the installation/upgrade seems to be ok.

Just reporting a couple of odd things that appeared after the upgrade:

- The hard disk that has my Kubuntu installation + Windows 7 + one partition was not listed. It was "on" but not mounted to anything .. had to do it manually, no biggie
    - When I installed the 10.04 I selected that the login would go automagically ie. using auto-login, because of a DPI issue (the login screen is unreadable, font size is about 2), but now I'm greeted with a log in dialog when starting up the PC
    - When Kubuntu reaches the desktop, I'm greeted with the mixer window. This has happened on some upgrade before, can't remember version number. Not annoying, but still a bit annoying

Strange and pointless issues. Can't imagine why these happen and what's causing them.

Still, good work otherwise - got to see if I can fix the mixer thingy from somewhere - last time the solution was to do a fresh install (which I wouldn't want to do) ...
    www.behance.net/Loadus

Re: Oddities after upgrade

- When Kubuntu reaches the desktop, I'm greeted with the mixer window. This has happened on some upgrade before, can't remember version number. Not annoying, but still a bit annoying
    select File-> hide window from the menu, it will hide itself back in the tray icon, this happens when you open the kmix window and select exit instead of hiding it (or at least that is in my experence the cause whenever it has happened on my system)
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Oddities after upgrade

Seems to fix it! Thx. ^^
      www.behance.net/Loadus

Comment

Working...
      X