This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VPN IPSec client?

I'm running x64 10.10 and seem to remember there was a generic IPSec VPN client in *nix. I would like to be able to VPN to my job, and normally this is done in windows with the Cisco 4.8 client. Has a safe alternative emerged for Kubuntu?

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
    Patti

Re: VPN IPSec client?

Open KPackageKit and search on vpn. Read the descriptions. You'll find what you are looking for.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Re: VPN IPSec client?

Originally posted by Snowhog
      Open KPackageKit and search on vpn. Read the descriptions. You'll find what you are looking for.
      Wow. Exceedingly cool. Now which one to choose? I assume vpnc would be the optimal choice although I don't know comparabilities. I only knew that the first hurdle was to get a client that could do IPSec. I guess if I were lucky, it would even be able to read the config files used by our win version of cisco vpn client.

Guess I'll try vpnc first, since I have no idea how "Cisco AnyConnect" (i.e., openconnect in the repo) or any of the other versions compare to our version of cisco VPN. vpnc sounds more "vanilla" - you know?

Comment

Working...
      X