This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to switch between network interface

My PC has on board network adapter, but I use an USB one instead because it can get better signal, but I don't know how to switch between the two, I see two adapter on the network manager, but the default one always get connect first, how do I disable the default one without changing the BIOS setting ?
    Do you Yahoo ? No I hiccup only :P

Re: How to switch between network interface

disconnect the one you don't want , you can tell it to not connect automaticly also. they connect to the interface you want to use. all this can be done w/ the network manager widget in your system tray
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

It seems no way to select interface to apply setting, the default one always selected, or I missed ??

Comment

You can edit /etc/network/interfaces as you wish. You should have two interfaces in there. For example on a laptop with wireless, I've got "auto wlan0". That's the one that starts automatically on bootup. Make the one you want to use "auto" and comment out the other one with a "#".

Comment

I only got this :

auto lo
          iface lo inet loopback

But I did see 2 interface in the network setting.

Comment

your going to want to add the other interfaces as an example you can add

# The primary network interface
            auto eth0
            iface eth0 inet dhcp

this will add the eth0 as an automaticly configured interface, you will have to find out what interfaces you have to add (you can use iwconfig to see them). and you might just want to check up on the other options you can add to your /etc/network/interface file you might need to add/remove a few.
            Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
            (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
            X