This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPA2 TTLS only works with Gnome?

Wireless networking works with several networks, but I cannot connect to an important network, the widely used EDUROAM network (see www.eduroam.org).

The strange thing is that it works perfectly under Gnome, but not under KDE.

The settings and the machine are the same, but under KDE it sees the network and always fails to connect after trying for over a minute, while under Gnome the connection is established in seconds. I thought that Knetworkmanager is just a front-end, and that under the hood everything should be the same. Apparently this is wrong.

I googled the problem and found over 2 year old posts that WPA2-Enterprise networks simply don't work with KDE4, but I could not find anything recent about it. Surely, the old problem must have been fixed by now. So does anyone know any news about this issue?

Network settings:
    Security: WPA2-Enterprise
    Authentication: Tunneled TLS
    Inner Authentication: PAP

Even though I am a KDE-only user, I followed the advice of a friend and installed Ubuntu 10.10 and then KDE via aptitude install kubuntu-kde4-desktop, that is why I could easily try it in Gnome - and it happened to work.
Working...
X