This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Intel 4965agn won't connect to 802.11n Router

I have been unsuccessful with this. It appears that the module might need recompiling with the option for HT (high throughput) enabled. FWIW, I can connect as a 802.11n client in Windows XP but not in Maverick.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Intel 4965agn won't connect to 802.11n Router

two simple suggestions.

first check to see if you have the corrrect password if its encrypted (also you may way to attempt to connect w/o encryption as a test , if possible)

have you tried using wicd as a network manager ? (look in package manager for it) some people /devices have issues with knetworkmanager
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Re: Intel 4965agn won't connect to 802.11n Router

I think I found part of the answer. Change the "1" to "0" in this file:

/etc/modprobe.d/intel-5300-iwlagn-disable11n.conf'

After the change it should read:

Code:
      options iwlagn 11n_disable=0

Afterwards though, wicd reports the connect speed as anything from 1Mb/sec all the way up to 130Mb/sec.

But most importantly, the 4965agn now connects to a 801.11n only network. I would like to know why the reported connect speed varies so wildly. Any ideas?

Comment

Re: [solved] Intel 4965agn won't connect to 802.11n Router

I'm going to make my peace with this problem.

It appears that the wildly fluctuating connect speeds are caused by interference from devices using 2.4mhz. It appears that my cheap router doesn't do 5mhz. Oh well.

Who would have thought it would be as simple as changing an option in an apparently unrelated file?

Comment

Re: [SOLVED] Intel 4965agn won't connect to 802.11n Router

An addendum. I set my router's channel to one that is unused and has a couple of empty channels between it & the nearest used channels. That helped my desktop with the D-Link DWA160 which is further from the router than the wife's laptop which is in the same room as the router. The fluctuations in reported connect speed seem to be less extreme. But that's just my impression from watching the XP's network status window.

My desktop reports a steady connect speed of 270Mbs. Tomorrow I'll see how the laptop does when I move it next to the laptop.

Anyone know of a guide to troubleshooting wireless network interference?

Comment

Working...
          X