This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help upmixing audio with Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty

I've been using Kubuntu 10.10 for a few weeks and I love it, great OS with great potential. My kernel version is 2.6.35-28. I was wanting to upmix the audio to 5.1 or 4.1 surround. I've been searching and searching for information on this problem. First of all, is it necessary to install the X-Fi drivers from Creative's site? I have read that ALSA has the drivers built-in but the alsa-project reports that it has partial support for the X-Fi cards. But when I tried to compile the X-Fi drivers, "make" spits out a error everytime, here's the output:

make -C /lib/modules/2.6.35-28-generic/build M=/home/timbo/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-28-generic'
    LD /home/timbo/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/built-in.o
    CC [M] /home/timbo/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.o
    /home/timbo/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.c:14: fatal error: sound/driver.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[2]: *** [/home/timbo/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00/xfi.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/timbo/Desktop/XFiDrv_Linux_Public_US_1.00] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-28-generic'
    make: *** [all] Error 2

Everything I try to compile ends with the same errors, and I have the build-essentials package installed also. I have disabled PulseAudio using this guide from "http://www.jeffsplace.net/node/12". Then I set "gstreamer-properties" to use the ALSA sound system, KMix reports I'm using a Creative X-Fi and all of my card's channels are available, even S/PDIF-in and S/PDIF-out. I have Xine media player configured for 5.1 surround and it works perfectly, just can't figure out how to upmix all audio, or at least upmix Amarok 2.4.0. I've tried to mod the ".asoundrc" file from the posts around from other users but I causes KMix to crash. I'm sorry if these questions are asked or answered somewhere else, I tried to search here first, but this problem is really bugging me. It's about the only issue I have with Kubuntu so far and looking forward to ditching Windows ASAP. Any suggestions or information will be gladly appreciated, thank you.
Working...
X