This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW VERSION 11.3 of AMD Catalyst™ 11.2 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver

Hey guys theres a new driver version that came out yesterday. Revision Number 11.3. Anybody installing these if so whats
    the perfect processor those that already installed the older driver? And tell us you're feed back. And tell us the model
    of you're ati card. Mine is ati 2gb 6950 running tati-driver-installer-11-2-x86.x86_64.run driver.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...2&lang=English

Re: NEW VERSION 11.3 of AMD Catalyst™ 11.2 Proprietary Linux x86 Display Driver

Fyi , there is an update to the driver ever month . this one is year 11 month 3 update. they are done to fix bugs. and support the newest versions of the kernel and Xorg.

That being said i have an Ati Radion 4830HD 512MB i guess i will update when i go home (maybe this will stop some of the games i play in wine from going zombie..)

Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
      Fyi , there is an update to the driver ever month . this one is year 11 month 3 update. they are done to fix bugs. and support the newest versions of the kernel and Xorg.

That being said i have an Ati Radion 4830HD 512MB i guess i will update when i go home (maybe this will stop some of the games i play in wine from going zombie..)

Can you post instruction? How you did it?

Comment

how i did what?

to install or update the driver from the ati page you dl the driver for your card then run it w/ a terminal like this

sudo sh ati-blah-blah.run

i suspose you could also change the file permissions, so that its execuitable then i think you can click on it to run (but you need to do it as root)

Comment

Originally posted by sithlord48
          how i did what?

to install or update the driver from the ati page you dl the driver for your card then run it w/ a terminal like this

sudo sh ati-blah-blah.run

i suspose you could also change the file permissions, so that its execuitable then i think you can click on it to run (but you need to do it as root)
          I've been doing that without editing /etc/X11/xorg.conf just on the 11.2. Remember on other drivers we would edit the xorg.conf file? LOL

Comment

when you install the driver it will attempt to generate an Xorg.conf file, this is the same for the nvidia driver too.

Comment

Working...
            X