This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swap between Integrated and Dedicated Graphics

So i recently got a new laptop (HP DV6 3030TX) which has two graphics cards, an integrated and a dedicated

obviously the integrated uses less power, so i want to be able to turn one card off and turn the other on
    currently both cards are on and it chews through a lot of power when my laptop isnt plugged in

my GPU info:
    Code:
    Intel Corporation Core Processor Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 02) ATI Technologies Inc Redwood [Radeon HD 5600 Series] (rev ff)

running 10.10, fully updated
    HP DV6 3030TX (laptop)<br /> - Core i5 540m<br /> - 4 GB RAM<br /> - 1 GB 5650m<br /><br />Dual Booting Win7 HP and Kubuntu 10.10

Re: Swap between Integrated and Dedicated Graphics

just a question but is there possibly a physical switch somewhere for "speed" and "life"?

I would imagine there is a place in the bios to disable one of them, but this HP forum said that on that computer, not yours the onboard is disabled automatically when a new one is in. So since it has both it is probably a bios thing.

The thing that is odd to me is that both are running, unless....one is for "speed" and one is for "life".

http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/...readId=1392889

woodsmoke
    sigpic
    Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

Re: Swap between Integrated and Dedicated Graphics

there may be an option in the bios, but in a windows environment, there is an ATI program (CatalystMobility.exe) that can swap between the two cards without rebooting, just a short darkening of the screen

HP DV6 3030TX (laptop)<br /> - Core i5 540m<br /> - 4 GB RAM<br /> - 1 GB 5650m<br /><br />Dual Booting Win7 HP and Kubuntu 10.10

Comment

Working...
      X