This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved]Cannot print from GIMP, nohow

Others have reported this problem, and now it seems I have it.
    I cannot print using either GIMP's built in print function, or gutenprint.
    Attempting to print photoquality on 4x6 paper.
    I suspect this is really a maverick problem and not a GIMP problem, because it works in Lucid, and in Aptosid.
    The problem seems to be that I cannot set the print paper size. Trying to set it in GIMP's internal print function, it loses the setting immediately. File > Page Setup, there are two devices listed, "Any Printer - for portable docuemnts" and Network_Printer (my actual printer). Network_printer defaults to US letter size; if I try to change it, hit apply, then go back into the dialog, it is reset to us letter size. Attempting to print just produces a blank sheet.

In gutenprint, The paper size dialog is messed up. When I choose 4x6 photo or index card from the dropdown, the 8.5x11 size remains in the fillin boxes. If I change them th 4 and 6, it resets immediately to 8.5 and 11. Trying to print produces an error message from the printer, saying wrong paper size.

Photoprinter crashes; my printer is not listed in its dropdown menu of printers, and if I put the ppd file in, it just crashes when trying to print.

gnome-photoprint does not produce satisfactory quality prints.

OOo does not produce photo quality prints.

So I got a problem here - can't print photo quality at all.

It worked last week, don't know why it's hosed now. There was an hplip update, as I recall.

Any ideas?

Edit: Problem is a bug in gimp-2.6.10. Was able to download 2.6.11 from getdeb; printing is working properly now.

We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking
Working...
X