This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 major problems with external display

So I have completely switched to kubuntu now but I have run into a problem (or 3).

I sometimes hook up my laptop to an external hdtv to watch dvd's:

1. The tv res is slightly different to the laptop so I end up with the top and bottom of the desktop cut off on the tv.
    2. In gnome, when the tv is connected I can turn off the laptop display, otherwise I get picture and more annoyingly, sound from both tv and laptop. How do I turn off the laptop display once connected?
    3. When watching a dvd on the tv display, sound is VERY tinny. In gnome I can go to sound preferences and just change the output to HDMI.
    In KDE the sound preferences have no other options, only the laptop speakers.

So I ended up having to go back to gnome just to watch the DVD's. How can I solve these problems?
    Number 3 in particular is the really major one.

Re: 3 major problems with external display

After booting up today, I noticed the sound preferences now have a digital HDMI option, though the TV is not currently connected.

Trouble is, this option is highlighted but I have no sound output at all anymore from the laptop.
    The previous analogue sterio option is still there but greyed out and I can't select it.

What's going on? This has become a major blight on my KDE experience now.

Comment

Working...
    X