This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Things that do not work

I read that the new Linux kernel supports multi touch screens, but it does not work for me.
    using 10.10 64 bit on a HP Touchsmart TX2. Any info on how i get it to work, let me know.

A few specific keys on my kb, do not work, namely the *dash symbol and the *positive symbol, i think most all others work.

A few special buttons thats associated to the laptop, like Rotate screen, brightness...etc.

Thats all i'm aware of atm but i really need to get multi touch to work
    thanks

Re: Things that do not work

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1252492
    seems to be pretty in-depth on this device.

Comment

From what I understand, the multitouch portion is currently in the Unity desktop (Ubuntu Netbook Edition). The gesture recognition libraries are there and there is a getsturetouch application that will report the gestures, but I have not seen anything in Kubuntu that is using that library. If you want to download those packages, you can install utouch and it should install all the packages for you. You can then run:
      Code:
      gesturetest 0 0 0xffffffff
      and you can see what gestures your touchscreen recognizes. One other thing, I am pretty sure that you can only get the gestures to report only if you have the more recent Windows 7 firmware because they are the only ones that have been reporting the MT events. If I recall correctly, they are the 2.184 (two-fingers) and the 2.239 (four-fingers) versions.

As for your keyboard, which keyboard language/region are you using?

The only button that currently works on the tx2 is the "m" like button that was for the mediasmart application. It is currently defaulting to a media button (XF86AudioMedia).

Comment

i used the default USA keyboard layout. captial c does not work either shift and c

Comment

That is odd. Can you go into the Terminal (Konsole) and try:
          Code:
          xev
          with those keys that are not responding? You can exit the application by closing the the little window that appears when you run the application.

The only other thing that I can think of is to try going into System Settings->Input Devices and changing your Keyboard Model to something else (Like the 104-key PC) and try out the keys to see if they work. Then you can switch it back to see if it makes a differences. My tx2 is currently defaulting to Generic | Generic 101-key PC.

Comment

Utouch seems to have already been installed by default. Its also already enabled. But it never functioned. I decided to go back to Windows 7 for the laptop, i just don't have enough functionality otherwise

Comment

Working...
            X