This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange behavior in gtk applications

In SystemSettings > ApplicationAppearance > GTK+Appearance I have widget style set to QTCurve.

Style is also set to QTCurve.

I used to get my kde style and colors in gtk applications like firefox, but now they are an ugly grey theme. I tried using gtk-chtheme, and changing to QTCurve (it was set to something else).
    Now what happens is the main gtk window is the ugly grey theme, but in gimp, the secondary windows it opens are all qtcurve with kde colors.

Any ideas?
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: Strange behavior in gtk applications

Strange, very strange.
    Using the Gtk appearance in Systemsettings didn't do anything for me, so I used gtk-chtheme and set it to QtCurve. This worked fine, and all Gtk apps (Firefox, Gimp, etc.) are using the QtCurve theme and colours just fine.
    For Gtk apps run as root (Synaptic), I've run gtk-chtheme as root.

You could go to your home directory and delete any Gtk config files (turn on "Show hidden files" so you see them), then run gtk-chtheme again and set it to QtCurve.
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Working...
    X