This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with gtk-update-icon-cache during dist-upgrade

I have noticed the past few updates that, during the "setting up" phase of dis-upgrade, I get a slew of messages from gtk-update-icon-cache about "file not found", and also something about gtk2-engines-pixbuf. These messages go by the hundreds, taking several minutes for them to flush out, and then the upgrade resumes without any apparent problems. I cannot find any traces of these error messages in /var/log/dpkg.log. Running gtk-update-icon-cache from a terminal produces not output at all, it just (apparently) executes and returns to the command prompt. I don't see anything on launchpad like this, and since I can't find any traces in the logs, I really can't file anything about it.
    Anyone else noticing this problem?
    I tried to remove gtk2-engines-pixbuf, but did not do so because it threatens to remove too many other things (audacious, and all the gnome themes).
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Re: Problem with gtk-update-icon-cache during dist-upgrade

Originally posted by doctordruidphd
    I have noticed the past few updates that, during the "setting up" phase of dis-upgrade, I get a slew of messages from gtk-update-icon-cache about "file not found", and also something about gtk2-engines-pixbuf. These messages go by the hundreds, taking several minutes for them to flush out, and then the upgrade resumes without any apparent problems. I cannot find any traces of these error messages in /var/log/dpkg.log. Running gtk-update-icon-cache from a terminal produces not output at all, it just (apparently) executes and returns to the command prompt. I don't see anything on launchpad like this, and since I can't find any traces in the logs, I really can't file anything about it.
    Anyone else noticing this problem?
    I tried to remove gtk2-engines-pixbuf, but did not do so because it threatens to remove too many other things (audacious, and all the gnome themes).
    Yes, I am experiencing exactly the same problem, whlie updating I see dozens of error messages related to pixbuf engine icon cache. It complains about a non existent directory or something -- It does no harm though.

Comment

Did a reinstall of gtk2-engines-pixbuf, but since I don't know how to trigger the problem, I guess I just wait and see.
      We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

I'm getting those messages as well. However, the only two Gtk apps I use (Firefox and Gimp) are obviously not affected by this, and about all the other Gtk stuff I don't give the slightest damn, so I never cared enough to look for the cause of those strange messages :P
        Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Working...
        X