This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] No Japanese input because of missing package "ibus-anthy"

Yesterday evening I installed maverick besides my Lucid without problems. Only slightly odd thing was that during install it paused at 95% for about half a minute, appearing frozen, but resumed again after that. Seems not to have had any ill effect.

I then wanted to start installing the important stuff that didn't come on the CD, starting with the Japanese input. I found that ibus (the input system) was already installed, along with fonts. However, the package that was awol from the repositories was "ibus-anthy" - "Anthy" is the input for Japanese.

Another thing is that adding language support for Japanese doesn't work. I went to the "Add new language" dialog, selected "Japanese" and clicked OK - but it did absolutely nothing and didn't install anything. I retried this two times, but still nothing.
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Re: No Japanese input because of missing package &quot;ibus-anthy&quot;

I tried again just now, and "ibus-anthy" has been added now.
    I had to reboot to be able to add Anthy in the Ibus settings, but after that, it worked fine.

However, the icons in the Ibus context menu are broken:

Normally, every menu entry should have its own icon.
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Working...
    X