This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two panels

installed maverick meerkat alpha 1 and i notice top and bottom panels... feature or a bug?

[img width=400 height=335]http://file.status.net/identica/jeffseguerra2-20100604T053255-4pur6c3.jpeg[/img]

Re: two panels

Yeah, I had that as well. I almost thought I had gnome :P

No problem, just remove the top panel.
    HP Pavilion dv6 core i7 (Main)
    4 GB Ram
    Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

hehehe... it feels like gnome. :P

Comment

I was a little confused at first, as well. I removed the second panel. So far, I've been unable to find Folder View, however.

Cheers,
        zenarcher
        Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

Folder-view is not installed by default

Code:
          sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-folderview
          4 GB Ram
          Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

yeah... i notice that when i click the folder view widget, the desktop crashes.

Comment

I just discovered that! *LOL* Weird!
              Kubuntu 16.10 (64 Bit)<br />MSI K9NGM4-V V2<br />AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+<br />4GB PC2-6400 DDR2 RAM<br />NVIDIA GeForce 210 PCI-E 1MB<br />WD 250GB SATA HD<br />Dell SP2009W Flat Panel Monitor

Comment

@jepong
                yeah... i notice that when i click the folder view widget, the desktop crashes.
                Do you mean quick access widget on the panel?
                That is confirmed.

Folder view on the desktop works normally.
                4 GB Ram
                Kubuntu 18.10

Comment

No, I meant Folder View. I had to install Folder View, as it was not installed as default. Works fine then. Running 64 bit here, if that makes any difference.

Cheers,
                  zenarcher

Comment

Originally posted by Fintan
                    Folder-view is not installed by default

Code:
                    sudo apt-get install plasma-widget-folderview
                    Thanks for this info I was wondering what happened it and sure hopped it was not removed.
                    System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

Comment

Originally posted by jepong
                      installed maverick meerkat alpha 1 and i notice top and bottom panels... feature or a bug?

[img width=400 height=335]http://file.status.net/identica/jeffseguerra2-20100604T053255-4pur6c3.jpeg[/img]
                      I had this when I booted the CD but when it installed it was not there.
                      System76 Kudu Professional 17.3 Laptop 8Gig Memory Kubuntu 14.04

Comment

I like having two panels

The bottom one is a fancy panel. Install fancy-tasks and you should see the option fancy-panel when adding a panel.
                        Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

What launcher are you using on the bottom?
                          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It is seriously called a "fancy-panel". In Arch it is part of the fancy-tasks plasmoid. Install that and you are good to go - just add a panel and chose "fancy panel"...
                            Once your problem is solved please mark the topic of the first post as SOLVED so others know and can benefit from your experience! / FAQ

Comment

Thank you.

Fancy Tasks KDE
                              Warning!
                              Milestone 1.0 is intended mainly for KDE 4.3. This branch will be focused on fixing potential bugs and improving stability. Small feature additions will be possible but not guaranteed. Form no work will be focused on milestone 1.1 which will provide better integration with KDE 4.4 and will focus on fixing issues specific to this KDE version. Decision to separate branches for KDE 4.3 and 4.4 was made because of significant differences in some areas between both versions. Milestone 2.0 will bring new dock management library which will allow for more advanced features. There will be also new applet interface (might be available earlier, depends on progress on library).
                              When Emdek finishes with version 1.1, I might give it a try.
                              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
                              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
                              X