This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change Print Font Size on Korganizer?

My aged eyes cannot handle the standard font on Korganizer's printout.
    With all the bells and whistles for controlling the look, feel, and operation
    of this organizer, this is one detail that I cannot find. Does any one know
    of a way to increase the size of the printed font?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm. From Kontact, Settings > Configure Calendar > Colors and Fonts > Fonts. Change them there?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog View Post
      Hmm. From Kontact, Settings > Configure Calendar > Colors and Fonts > Fonts. Change them there?
      I tried that first, and unfortunately, no. That action only changes the fonts that are displayed on the monitor,
      not printed. The current font even clips off the bottom half of what's printed.

All I need is a week-at-a-time view with the ability to schedule repeating events, and a 12 point or larger
      printed font.

It's pretty frustrating. The only program that I've found that will do this is the obsoleted Sunbird with the FGPrint extension.
      FGPrint will not work on Thunderbird 6.0 and above, and Lightning won't work on anything before 6.0. Sunbird actually
      does exactly what I need, but it's gone now; Mozilla no longer hosts it for download.

I've tried Evolution, Claws, Lightning/Thunderbird, Kontact, Osmo, Orage, Seamonkey, Web Calendar, Google Calendar,
      and even iCalendar on the Mac. There was one link that showed an additional PPA for a patch to Evolution on Ubuntu,
      but the link is dead. I've searched the repositories on "calendar" on Ubuntu/Debian, PC-BSD, Vector Linux
      (which is Slackware based, and therefore has a different software list), Puppy Linux, and Fedora 16. Korganizer is by
      far the most full-featured PIM out there - but I can't control the font. It seems to be an obvious feature. No two people
      use their calendar software the same way, and there are countless requests on the forums for the ability to make the
      printed as well as displayed fonts for any of the above calendar programs smaller or larger. Apparently none of the
      developers print their programs, and it's hard to stick my laptop to the fridge door with magnets...~(;^})=...

I've posted this same message on the KDE forum, and received no suggestions, or even questions. The one week view on
      in Filofax form is perfect; I can post a new week on the fridge every Sunday evening, and it keeps me honest for that week.
      The only other alternative I've found is to literally retype my calendar into a Write document, and that just seems silly.

If anyone has found something, I'm open to change. As soon as 10.04 goes away, I suspect that so will any compatibility
      with Sunbird.

Comment

This is not an answer, but it is possible that the thinking for it is the defaulting to having to print for the "organizer books" and that a lot of text was more important than changing the fonts.

I quite agree about old eyes though, I have to take my glasses off to read the calendar on the fridge sometimes mesef.

woodsmoke
        sigpic
        Love Thy Neighbor Baby!

Comment

One workaround would be to add the Google Plug-in and sync your local calendar to Google and print from there. Not ideal maybe, but would probably be a better solution than nothing, even if that was all you used Google Calendar for.
          ​"Keep it between the ditches"
          K*Digest Blog
          K*Digest on Twitter

Comment

This may prove useful when a release does become available. Over the longer term a LibreOffice Template may be the more reliable option.

Link
            Kubuntu 12.04 - Acer Aspire 5750G

"I don't make a great deal of money, but I'm ok with that 'cause I don't hurt a lot of people in the process either"

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions! At least I'll have a backup when 10.04 goes off support next year.

Comment

Working...
              X