This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

shift key doesn't work in remote desktop

When connecting to Remote Desktop, the shift key does not work. I've searched all over the internet and have found multiple references to this being a bug, and being fixed, but I have failed to find any information on what I need to do to resolve the issue. Does anyone have any insight into fixing this issue?

Re: shift key doesn't work in remote desktop

I get around it in a variety of interesting ways. Using [caps lock] works if you're just wanting to capitalize letters. Otherwise, like if you need a character such as "?" or "*"...well, I find something to cut and paste from. Clumsy? Hell, yes! But it works. BTW, I'm using 11.04 so YMMV.
    Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

it seams to be a problem only with remote desktop (RDP) connections. i have noticed it a few times. it seams if your cursor leaves the remote machine and you use shift on your local machine durring this time it is not useable in the remote system. you can reset it to working (sometimes) by giving focus back to the host and hitting shift again.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

It's not an intermittent problem. Shift key doesn't work for me on a Remote Desktop session at all. Caps lock does not, either.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkcohen
          It's not an intermittent problem. Shift key doesn't work for me on a Remote Desktop session at all. Caps lock does not, either.
          Really? It does for me. But like I said, we're using different versions of Kubuntu, so that could explain it, or perhaps some component of your hardware or environment is responsible for the difference.
          Xenix/UNIX user since 1985 | Linux user since 1991 | Was registered Linux user #163544

Comment

Working...
          X