This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skype Conference calls

I have the latest Skype for Kubuntu, and in the Video Conference I cannot do video calls, it says I have to use the latest 5.0 from skype, what else do I need, thanks Richard

Re: Skype Conference calls

You don't need anything else except the executable and a contract with Skype for video conference calling: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/business/group-video/

You can create conference phone calls with the free version of Skype, but not video conference calls.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Thanks Greygeek, but my friend has the business edition and when he calls me he can see all the others in the conference, but not me, and I cannot see anybody, but I can hear them. I have 2 gigs of ram and I can do one on one videos, but no conference videos

Comment

Apparently the others who can see the conference videos are running the commercial version. IF they were running the free version of Skype, like you are, they would/could not see any videos in a conference call. If you want to join the conference group you have to buy the commercial version.

Like I said before, the free version has no problem with conference AUDIO calls, it just can do conference VIDEO calls.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X