This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

google picasa

well I went and installed the Picasa linux software the other day.........and other than being a little CPU intensive it seams to be really nice ............ just a FYI

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Re: google picasa

What exactly does it do for you?

I find that between Gimp and Konqueror, I've got the ultimate image management system - but that's just my eclectic taste. However, it sounds like the Picasa software might have something unique.

The online presentation is a bit of a drag though because it's a few extra steps to download the pic if you want it. I guess it's meant more for professionals who have a reason not to share their images. For online storage, I use Photobucket and I see you do too.

How do I know that? Well, I blocked the avatars on this site because some of them are irritating, and lo and behold, there was one stubborn one left - yours! lol Because it is hosted on Photobucket. Anyway, I like that one so it got to stay as the only avatar on this site.

Comment

Re: google picasa

Originally posted by Ole Juul
      What exactly does it do for you?

I find that between Gimp and Konqueror, I've got the ultimate image management system - but that's just my eclectic taste. However, it sounds like the Picasa software might have something unique.

The online presentation is a bit of a drag though because it's a few extra steps to download the pic if you want it. I guess it's meant more for professionals who have a reason not to share their images. For online storage, I use Photobucket and I see you do too.

How do I know that? Well, I blocked the avatars on this site because some of them are irritating, and lo and behold, there was one stubborn one left - yours! lol Because it is hosted on Photobucket. Anyway, I like that one so it got to stay as the only avatar on this site.
      well I wasent looking for it to be doing any thing for me...........I just found it in my google stuff and wanted to say that it acualey worked on 10.04

and yes I use Photobucket for most of my screeney's

I found it prity cool that thare was even a linux ver. of it ....as a few years ago you wouldent have found that .......I think.

O and my avatar is magical

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
      X